Responsible Care® 10 Guiding Principles
Responsible Care is built around a set of 10 Guiding Principles that commit our industry to the responsible management of chemicals
- Recognising and responding to public concerns about chemicals and their production.
- Developing chemicals that can be safely manufactured, transported, used and disposed of.
- Making health, safety and the environment a priority for all products and processes.
- Reporting chemical-related hazards and recommending protective measures to all concerned.
- Counselling customers on the safe use, transportation and disposal of chemical products.
- Operating plants and facilities according to health, safety and environmental standards.
- Conducting and supporting research on the effects of chemical products, processes and waste materials.
- Co-operating to resolve problems created by past handling and disposal of hazardous substances.
- Participating in creating responsible laws, regulations and standards to safeguard the community, workplace and environment.
- Promoting Responsible Care by sharing experiences and assisting others who produce, handle, use, transport or dispose of chemicals.
Companies can download a PDF copy of the Guiding Principles