SCIC Safety Case Specialist Workshop – Functional Safety -- 07 February 2018
From February 07, 2018 09:00 until February 07, 2018 17:00
Posted by gina
Categories: SCIC Events
SCIC Safety Case Specialist Workshop – Functional Safety
As part of SCIC’s efforts to help industry build capability in the implementation of Safety Case, a series of specialist courses on the key elements of the Safety Case regime has been developed to provide in-depth training in specific technical fields.
Functional Safety is one of the key elements that the regulator (MHD) requires Major Hazard Installations (MHIs) to consider in their safety case as part of the electrical, control and instrumentation (E, C &I) technical aspects. The course aims to cover the basic aspects of the relevant standards (IEC 61508 and IEC 61511) and the requirements to fulfil the standards.
The 1-day workshop on Functional Safety is aimed at helping participants to acquire the skills and knowledge in the following aspects:
- The applicable functional safety standards and their relevance to the safety case;
- The functional safety lifecycle and its application to an MHI; and
- Reduction of risk through Safety Instrumented Systems.
This course will cover:
- The principles and concepts of the international standards IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 for safety instrumented systems (SIS).
- How to design safety instrumented systems for protecting against hazards using the techniques and measures in IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 including developing lifecycle procedures (e.g. maintenance, inspection and testing).
- Requirements for Installation and Commissioning and the validation documentation to demonstrate that systems have been fully tested checked and approved against the safety requirements specification.
- Requirements for maintaining and operating the SIS including proof testing, inspection, management of change, impact analysis, management of overrides, recording of plant maintenance data.
Who Should Attend
Designated Safety Case Leads in MHIs; key personnel who have been appointed to coordinate, prepare, implement and operationalise Safety Cases, E, C & I personnel involved with technical aspects of Safety Case, any other personnel involved in implementing Safety Cases.
Participants who are registering for the Safety Case Specialist Workshops are recommended to have a good overview understanding on the Safety Case regime implementation prior to attending the specialist trainings. Participants may also refer to the 4-day Safety Case Practitioners’ Workshop organised by SCIC via www.scic.sg
Note: The SCIC Safety Case Specialist Workshops are only open to personnel from MHIs.
How to Register
SCIC member companies
Registration Fee (inclusive of GST): $642 per participant
Non-SCIC member companies
Registration Fee (inclusive of GST): $802.50 per participant
*Fee is inclusive of the training materials, lunch and tea-breaks for the training.
Should you require further assistance, please contact the SCIC Secretariat office at 6267 8891 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Registration would be on a first-come-first serve basis
The Safety Case Specialist Workshop -- Functional Safety would be awarded a total of 7 SDU points under the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme for Registered Workplace Safety& Health Officers.