SCIC Safety Case Specialist Workshop – Human Factors (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
From May 25, 2017 09:00 until May 25, 2017 17:00
Posted by gina
Categories: SCIC Events
SCIC Safety Case Specialist Workshop – Human Factors
As part of SCIC’s efforts to help industry build capability in the implementation of Safety Case, a series of specialist courses on the key elements of the Safety Case regime has been developed to provide in-depth training in specific technical fields.
MHIs are required to demonstrate that the risk assessments carried out to aid decision-making on the measures necessary to prevent major accidents or to mitigate their consequences, including appropriate consideration of human factors. It is recognized that human factors is a relatively new topic in Singapore and therefore this course will cover aspects of Human Factors that are relevant to MHIs.
The 1-day workshop on Human Factors is aimed at helping participants to acquire the skills and knowledge in the following aspects:
- The main aspects of the subject of Human Factors
- The aspects of Human Factors that need to be addressed in a Safety Case
- How to develop a Human Factors roadmap
This course will cover:
- An overview of the Human Factors subject area and the elements that are relevant to MHIs
- A discussion of the elements of Human Factors that MHIs need to include in Safety Case
- People as a cause, prevention or mitigation of Major Accidents
- Developing a route map for Human Factors for submission in the safety case.
Scope of Training
The scope of the training includes:
- Human error and high hazard industries
- Human factors classification
- Safety critical tasks
- Task analysis
- Human reliability and human error analysis
- Performance influencing factors
- Behavioural factors
- Environmental factors
- Human Factors in safety case
- Roadmap for Human Factors
Who Should Attend
Designated Safety Case Leads in MHIs; key personnel who have been appointed to coordinate, prepare, implement and operationalise Safety Cases, personnel involved with risk assessments or preparing the human factors roadmap for the safety case, and any other personnel involved in implementing Safety Cases.
Participants who are registering for the Safety Case Specialist Workshops are recommended to have a good overview understanding on the Safety Case regime implementation prior to attending the specialist trainings. Participants may also refer to the 4-day Safety Case Practitioners’ Workshop organised by SCIC via www.scic.sg
Note: The SCIC Safety Case Specialist Workshops are only open to personnel from MHIs.
Date: 25 May 2017 (Thursday)
Time: 9 am to 5 pm (Registration will commence at 8.30 am)
Venue: Grand Ballroom, Level 3
Singapore Polytechnic Graduates’ Guild House
1010 Dover Road, S139658
|Registration Open||Upcoming Schedule|
|25 May 2017, Thursday||29 June 2017, Thursday|
Participants are required to complete the online registration form via www.scic.sg. A confirmation email will be sent to you upon receiving your registration. Should you require further assistance, please contact the SCIC Secretariat office at 6267 8891 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Registration would be on a first-come-first serve basis