The Singapore Chemical Industry Council Limited (SCIC) is the official industry association representing the Singapore chemical industry in the private sector. It plays a proactive role in representing the interests of the local chemical industry and continues to promote it as a major economic pillar of Singapore.
SCIC was officially formed under the umbrella of the former Singapore Manufacturers Association (SMa) on 8th May 1979 by a group of 17 manufacturers. SCIC is affiliated to the ASEAN Chemical Industries Council (ASEAN-CIC). It was incorporated as an independent entity on 28 June 2007.
- Promotion of the growth of the chemical cluster in Singapore in such ways as shall from time to time be thought fit and in particular in partnership with the government.
- The promotion of safety and protection of the environment in the operations, processes and facilities of the chemical industry.
- The enhancement of plant and facility operations of the members with a view to protect the health and safety of employees, the public and the environment through dissemination of knowledge and sharing of good practices.
- To actively work with the government agencies and others in promulgating responsible laws, regulations, practices and codes of conduct to safeguard the health of the community, workplace and environment.
- To assist members of SCIC to operate within acceptable laws, regulations and practices.
- The partner in progress with the Government of Singapore in its effort to enhance growth for the Chemical industry for investors, safety in the workplace for the workers and an environmentally friendly Singapore for all the residents.
- To represent Singapore chemical industry domestically, regionally and internationally.